Sunday, September 7, 2014

Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups

I love this recipe from Skinnytaste. Spinach Lasagna Roll Ups let you have your lasagna without all the guilt! Making them into the rolls also helps with portion control.

What you need
(forgot the cheese in my picture)
  • 9 lasagna noodles-$1.48 When I make these I always cook extra in case they fall apart when cooking. This brand was probably not the best for this recipe and I had to piece a few together and use the filling as glue.
  • 10 oz frozen chopped spinach, just one of the frozen cube ones-$.98
  • 15 oz fat free ricotta cheese (I used low fat)-I was using this for another recipe too so I just bought a big one and used 1/2 the tub-half of $3.98=$1.99
  • 1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese-I figured this to be about 1/2 an ounce. I need to get a digital food scale to be more precise. A triangle is $4.58 for 8 ounces which comes out to $.29 
  • 1 egg-$.13
  • salt and pepper-on hand
  • 32 oz tomato sauce-I bought a 28 oz can of tomato sauce because I wasn't paying attention. On her site she actually has this linked to a recipe for tomato sauce. DOH! I just cooked up some onions and garlic in my skillet and then added the can of tomato sauce, sprinkled in some oregano and basil and it worked out ok.-$.98
  • 3 oz part skim mozzarella cheese shredded-a 16 oz ball is $3.48 so for this portion $.65
Total cost is $6.50. Serves 9 for $.72 a serving

Not too shabby! 

I love that these come out in their own little servings so you don't have to worry about which square is bigger or smaller when you go to take a piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment