Saturday, August 30, 2014

Jalapeno Poppers

I got a bunch of jalapenos in my food box this last week. I wasn't quite sure what to do with them but I found this recipe for Easy Baked Jalapeno Poppers.

I picked this recipe because it didn't have bacon or need to be cooked on the grill. I probably should have asked my husband to bring me home some gloves to wear as the recipe suggests but I didn't. I decided to just go for it and wash my hands a lot while I was preparing the jalapenos. (Not recommended)

Mine of course do not look as pretty as the original recipe but they were very tasty! I was afraid to try them at first because I thought they might be too hot but they were just mildly hot.


  • 12 Jalapenos-$.98 a pound, I'll say 2 pounds to be on the safe side-$1.96
  • 6 oz Cream Cheese- $.97
  • 1/4 cup Cilantro-$.68 a bunch, used less than half- $.34
  • 6 oz Mozzarella Cheese-$3.58 for a 16 oz ball= $1.34
  • 1/4 cup Parmesan (I buy the triangles you shred yourself which are $4.58. This is only a tiny bit off of that, I'll say $1.00 which is probably on the high side
Total is $5.61 for 24 pieces or $.23 each. 


Calorie Breakdown using Lose It (Free website and app)


These poppers would be a fantastic appetizer at a party. I ate a couple every day for a snack after work. They were great just popped in the microwave for a few seconds.

No comments:

Post a Comment