Tuesday, September 9, 2014

Enchilada Pie

This Enchilada Pie was delicious!

What you need
  • 1 tbps olive oil-on hand
  • 1 cup chopped green or red pepper-$.45 each (I only used one)
  • 1 pound lean ground turkey (93%)-I used 1.5 pounds left over from the Spicy Turkey Zucchini Burgers $4.74
  • 2 tsp ground cumin-on hand
  • 1 can (14.5 oz) diced tomatoes with garlic and onion-I used the plain one and just threw in some onion and garlic when I browned the meat $.58
  • 1/2 cup enchilada sauce-$1.48 a can, I didn't use the whole thing but I'll put the whole price since I most likely won't use the rest for anything (threw it in the freezer)
  • 1 can (4 oz) chopped green chiles-$.55
  • 1 cup frozen corn kernels-I had this on hand but you can buy a small back for $1.00 so I'll say $.50
  • 3/4 cup canned sliced black olives-$.68
  • 4 (I used 6) 6-8" corn tortillas-$1.78 for 30 (I used the rest for another recipe)-$.36
  • 8 oz shredded mexican cheese. I used pepper jack-$6.13 for 18 oz  ($1.36 for 4 oz used) & monterey jack $3.80 for 16 oz ($.95 for 4 oz used)- and shredded my own-saving the rest for other recipes)- $2.31
  • Toppings of your choice

  • The directions have you just set a whole tortilla for the middle and top layer. I had a lot of space not covered by the tortilla so I added 2 more and cut them up . I think it turned out pretty!

    The recipe says 6 servings but I made it 8 and they were still really large pieces.

    Total is $11.65 or $1.46 a serving. 

     
    I ate the left overs for lunch and they reheated really well and it was very filling!

    No comments:

    Post a Comment