Sunday, August 24, 2014

White Chicken Enchilada Casserole

This White Chicken Enchilada Casserole was really good!  I actually totally blanked on buying the beans. I live about 13 miles from town so it's a bit of a chore to just "run to the store" when you forget something. I decided to just leave out the beans and see what happened.



I made this 8 servings but it should have been cut smaller. Probably 10 would have been better.

3 tablespoons butter-$.28
3 tablespoons flour-on hand
2 cups chicken stock-on hand (I boiled my chicken then saved the broth and used that)
1-4 ounce can chopped green chiles-.88
1/2 teaspoon ground cumin-on hand
1 cup light sour cream-$1.30
flour tortillas-called for 24. That seemed like way too much so I cut it down to 12-$2.00
2 cups shredded cooked chicken-$3.37 (about 2 breast out of my 6 pack)
2 cans northern beans (omitted)-$0
3 cups shredded pepper jack cheese-$2.68
1 avocado-from my food box, we'll say $1.00 since they have them for about that at my store
1/4 cup cilantro leaves-$.14

Total-$11.65 so $1.46 a serving if you do 8 servings. I actually ate just 1/2 of one of those left over pieces for my lunch and it was plenty with some veggies.

Calories from Lose It calculator


Which, is quite a bit but not so bad if you cut it in half.

No comments:

Post a Comment