Friday, August 22, 2014

The Food Box

Through a garage sale group on Facebook I stumbled across this guy that sells fruit and vegetables for a discount each weekend.

I decided to try it out and one of my neighbors said she'd split the "large" boxes with me. They were $25 each. We got one fruit and one vegetable box.



Isn't that amazing? We split the two boxes and that gave us quite a bit of fruits and veggies each. I've been getting these boxes the last few weeks so I will have some meals that use things from my "food box". It's also got me to try some things out of my comfort zone.

I'm lucky to live in the valley in California where we have so many fruits and vegetables grown locally. I'm posting these to show how you can shop "outside the store" for some delicious food!

Look for farmer's markets, fruit stands, and your friends and families back yard gardens.

I also have a small vegetable garden which sadly didn't do as well as I had hoped this year but I have been getting quite a few cherry tomatoes. You'd be surprised at how many recipes are out there using cherry tomatoes! With just a few ingredients you have a partially home grown fresh meal.

No comments:

Post a Comment