Monday, August 25, 2014

Garlic Chicken & Carrots

This recipe is actually called Clean Eating Wok-Style Garlic Chicken and Carrots.

I'm just calling it Garlic Chicken & Carrots since I got rid of my Wok years ago. We got one when we got married and used it about two times. It took up a lot of the room in the cabinet so eventually I donated it.

So my meal was cooked in my trusty old cast iron skillet. I cook almost all my meals in this skillet.


This is not the best picture since I forgot to take one of just the chicken.

This serves 6

6 cloves of garlic-I had this on hand but we'll call it $.50 for good measure
1 small yellow onion-also had on hand we'll say $.50
3 large carrots-had in my food box, we'll say $1.00
2 tbsp olive oil-on hand
1 1/2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken breasts-$3.37 (about 2 breasts)
1/4 cup parsley-$.15
I also added one zucchini that I had from my food box

Total price is $5.52 or .$.92 a serving

Calories from Lose It calculator


I served this with some brown rice and that was a great combo. (Also a Greek salad and corn-obviously)



No comments:

Post a Comment