Tuesday, August 26, 2014

Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken

This recipe for Pan Roasted Lemon Chicken just looked so delicious! I think this is the second recipe I've made from Damn Delicious (love the name too!)

This recipe starts with chicken thighs. The first thing I noticed though was that she leaves the skin on. I debated with myself back and forth on that. I haven't ate chicken skin in YEARS. Everyone knows that's the first thing you do when you are trying to be "healthy".  I wondered if the recipe would still turn out ok without the skin or not. Finally I just did what I always do and took the skin off. Amazingly it turned out just fine!

This recipe calls for 8 chicken thighs. I had a value pack and there was actually 9 in the pack so I got a serving of 9 out of this recipe. I did not increase any of the other ingredients and still had plenty of the rub for all the pieces.

So what do you need?


1 1/4 cups chicken stock-I used the broth from some previously boiled chicken breasts. If you had to buy this it would be one can which runs $1.00 or less.

1/4 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice- I used 2 small lemons $.84
3 teaspoons lemon zest-the same lemons-used the zest from the squeezed lemons
2 tablespoon olive oil-on hand
1 tablespoon whole grain mustard-I didn't have this fancy mustard so I just used some dijon I had in the fridge, worked just fine!
1 1/2 teaspoons dried oregano-on hand
1/2 teaspoon dried thyme -on hand
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt -just used the regular out of my salt shaker
8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs-my pack came with 9 for $7.17

Total cost=$9.01 or $1.00 a serving (for 9)
141 calories per chicken thigh


The chicken was really moist and had a nice sauce from cooking. I'll definitely be making this one again!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment