Monday, September 8, 2014

Spicy Turkey and Zucchini Burgers

These Spicy Turkey and Zucchini Burgers are a hit at our house. I've made them twice now and no one seems to notice that there is anything green in them.
(don't mine my horrible picture)

What you need
  • 1 pound ground turkey-I use the 93% fat one and usually just buy the 3lb package ($9,48), I used 1/2 of it for this recipe so I had a bit more than the recipe called for. $4.74
  • 2 cups grated zucchini-$.98lb- I think that's about how much I used
  • 3 green onions thinly sliced-$.48 a bunch, I used 1/2=$.24
  • 2 tbsp chopped mint (I don't use this)-$0
  • 2 tbsp chopped cilantro (left out because I forgot to buy it)-$0
  • 1 clove of garlic-$.48 a bulb-$.05
  • 1 tsp cumin-on hand
  • 1 tsp salt-on hand
  • 1/2 tsp pepper-on hand
  • 1/2 tsp cayenne-on hand
  • 3 tbsp vegetable oil (I used olive oil)-on hand
There is a also a dipping sauce in the recipe but I never make that part.

I made 8 patties=$6.01 and $.75 each!


My family likes to just put these on a bun but I like to have them as a lettuce wrap

No comments:

Post a Comment