Friday, September 12, 2014

Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup

I just love Skinnytaste recipes. I've made this Crock Pot Chicken Enchilada Soup several times.


What you need:
  • 2 tsp olive oil-on hand
  • 1/2 cup onion-$.25
  • 3 cloves garlic-$.05
  • 8 oz can tomato sauce-$.28
  • 3 cups low sodium fat free chicken broth-I used the broth from boiling chicken breasts from another recipe-$0
  • 1-2 tsp chipotel chili in adobo sauce-I don't use this
  • 1/4 cilantro-didn't use
  • 15 oz can black beans (I used the dry beans (about 1/3 a bag) I made up before hand)-$.33
  • 14.5 oz can petite diced tomatoes-$.58
  • 2 cups frozen corn-$.50
  • 1 tsp cumin-on hand
  • 1/2 tsp dried oregano-on hand
  • 2 8oz skinless chicken breasts-1/4 of a $9.58 package=$2.40
  • 1/4 cup chopped scallions-$.24
optional
  • 3/4 cup red fat cheddar cheese-not included in calorie count
  • sour cream for topping if you want-not included in calorie count
  • I threw in a chopped red chili pepper from my garden, you could also use a few red pepper chili flakes
Total was $4.63 or $.77 a serving



I find it's best for me to make this recipe up the night before and then throw the chicken breasts in (raw) in the morning when I put it in the crock pot.

I made this for dinner along with some corn bread (not low cal unfortunately! I need to find a good low cal recipe for that!) and we only had about 1/2 a serving left. That's quite a hit in our house.

No comments:

Post a Comment