Saturday, September 13, 2014

Turkey Meatloaf and Roasted Vegetables

This is my own little throw it together recipe. My son really likes meatloaf so we have it quite a bit. I grew up eating ground beef meatloaf but I've switched us over to ground turkey. When I first started doing that I would mix half ground beef and half ground turkey.


What you need for the meatloaf:


  • 3 pounds ground turkey (93%)-$9.48
  • 1 cup oatmeal- I used Winco's whole grain quick oats-about $.50
  • 1 tbsp minced onions (in the spice section)-had on hand, you can also use diced fresh onions but I like this better.
  • 1/3 cup ketchup-on hand
  • 1 egg-.13
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • garlic powder to taste


Put the turkey, oatmeal, onions, ketchup and egg in a bowl and squish it all together until blended. Make it into a "loaf" in a pan and then add about 2 cups peeled and cut potatoes and about 2 cups peeled and cut carrots. I usually just add until it's all filled in around my meatloaf.

Sprinkle with salt, pepper and garlic powder and cook it on 350 degrees for an hour.

I cut it into about 10 pieces. Total cost for the meatloaf only is $10.11 or $1.01 a slice

Calories for the meatloaf only





 Yes I love my ketchup and no the meat wasn't pink the lighting is just a bit off.

No comments:

Post a Comment